Friday, May 21, 2010

Pouring Rain


When it rains, it pours, as mi madre just said. Out of the blue, I was offered a job at U of L that will pay a stipend, my tuition, and health insurance, not to mention I wouldn't mind actually saying the name of where I worked for a change. Although I love just being "mommy" and "wife" and "helpmeet", Hubby & I decided it would be best for us to struggle through ten more months with school paid for, gain further experience, and get it out of the way. So what does that mean for the rest of my life?

I'll have no life. That's right. You heard it here first. I will have NO LIFE. My house will be dirty again. I will rely heavily on frozen food (remind me to make approximately 300 freezer meals for the upcoming year). Sewing? Crafts? No, not for me. Homeschool field trips...did you say trips? Those won't be happening (unless you classify driving to and fro to g'ma's house a field trip...hey, at least the girls can see deer and turkeys in the fields along the way!).

I actually had a very good schedule for school this year, but apparently, it's meant to go down the drain--round and round it goes! This means I am starting first grade now. You got it: Now. I started First Language Lessons yesterday and Lovely said once the three-minute lesson was finished, "That was soooo silly, Mommy!" I hope she continues to feel this way.

In addition to this new job, I finally recieved a reply back from an online editing service I had applied to. Of course, my application was accepted. When it rains it pours...

I am thankful for the Lord's many blessings. In fact, I rest assured in His perfect will...and I will be watching the sky closely and ducking every now and then as I expect a maid, a cook, and a general life organizer to suddenly appear on my doorstep for help :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! Are you sure you're up for sec? I must have read your blog before you posted this. Hope things go smooth for you this coming year...oh, and you better really enjoy your summer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sort of relate although, in my case, the pouring rain was blessedly withheld. With so much on my plate, I was shocked but secretly relieved when I got turned down for grad school this fall. I'll follow you and see how you manage it all so I can learn for the day when I DO get to go back to school! Best to you in this.

    ReplyDelete