Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chore Charts

I finally found a chore chart that the girls have been pretty good at sticking with! Yay! Normally, I stick a chart on the fridge, we manage the chores for a few days, and then it goes by the wayside and I remember it a month down the road. Here is our working chore chart (pun intended):

I covered the girls' names, but the actual chart has their names on the pockets, too. I had found an idea similar to this online, but now I can't remember where. I had a chore chart in mind, but I adjusted it slightly to fit our needs. I took a piece of 81/2x 11 white paper, typed their names, etc., laminated it, and then I cut out manila file folders and folded them into pockets, then I attached them to the laminated piece of white paper. If I did it over, I would add the days of the week between the pockets to keep track of which days all the chores were completed.


Here is a picture of some of the cards that go into the pockets:


I used Micrsoft Excel, made two columns of equal width and Googled pictures/images of the tasks my girls should....errr...normally complete. Then, I copied them to the first column and typed the name of each task in the second column, printed two copies, folded the columns and cut accordingly around the edges, laminated, and then cut out the actual laminated cards. Voila! Sturdy cards to handle the worst finger smudges!
Each day, the girls go through the cards and place them in the right pocket once the task is completed. I love this because you don't need to use every card every day, and you can add cards for special chores, or once kids are able to handle more responsibility. My eventual goal: Have Lovely complete all of my...er....her chores every day for an entire month!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I have thought about doing this in the past! I just might have to give it a try!

    I'm glad to see Lovely will be completing your...er...her chores in a very cool way! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome, I need to come up with something like this but for tweens!

    ReplyDelete