Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hooray for Me...er...the Garden!

As I begin to focus and organize my life as the homemaker I should have been for the past (almost) seven years, I made a "goal list" for each of the weeks of May. This week's major goal is to garden, so I cleaned/weeded the flower bed in front of the house, and since my allergies weren't acting crazy as usual, I went out back to the actual garden. To my surprise, I have lots of garlic and onion chives, an oregano bush (it's much larger than last year already!), sage, parsley, and the dill that originally wouldn't grow has spread like wildfire--we now have seven dill plants throughout the garden! Yikes! To top that, the strawberries that wouldn't grow last year have really taken off....all through the garden. Is any damage done when strawberries grow in the middle of an oregano plant? lol Any tips on whether or not I should be restricting my strawberries to a certain area of the garden and how if so?

I plan on getting some more herbs tomorrow, such as basil and my favorite--yet my husband's most dreaded--rosemary. I will see what else sparks my interest as well. Hubby still needs to till, so I can only plan in the remainder of the rows that are already growing herbs. I will also get some pretty flowers for out front to snazz it up.

Oh, and we had our first freezer cooking flop last night. I made Slow Cooker Chicken in Mushroom Sherry Sauce, but hubby thought it was too sweet. I thought it was all right. Lovely said, "It's not really good." Cuddlebug said, "It's yummy, but not really much."--she's only four, but already a pro at flipping a compliment! I'm not freezer cooking tonight, so you will have to wait on the next review...

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. At least you know what recipe not to make next time. Even with fresh cooking you still have those recipes that will not be repeated! lol

    ReplyDelete