Thursday, May 6, 2010

Books and Such

Wow! It seems while my internet was down, everyone caught up on their blogs! I hope I have as much to read tomorrow! While browsing the blogs, I found a link to a new website I just might love... Homeschool Library Builder. I haven't bought anything from the site yet, but that doesn't mean I won't! It offers a variety of books meant for the classical curriculum. You can do a search by age, by curriculum, by country/region, by subject matter...and they are running a sale with $1, $2, $3, and $5 bargain bins through June 1!

Now, more on my cooking escapade...We had chicken cordon blue (sp?) with twice-baked potatoes, and I baked some asparagus to go with it. YUM! The potatoes are super fantabulous! The chicken was pretty good, too, but we had to make both portions because the girls and I ate one portion and hubby dearest ate the other portion himself! Aww...if only I had his metabolism! So, so far, so good with OAMC!

On another note...I hate Belkin routers. And AT&T. I'm just sayin'... Long story short, my internet connection failed. Thought it was the ethernet cord, so I thought I'd just go ahead and get a router so I would have wireless. Installed great, but never worked, even though it said it was working. Got a new modem. Modem stopped working the day after installation. Called AT&T, they said to call computer manufacturer. Didn't want to call manufacturer and get charged. Called AT&T back, was put on hold. While on hold, fixed the problem by enabling the local area connection (it was a little more detailed than that). AT&T guy came back to tell me it was the computer and not AT&T's fault and I'd have to get help elsewhere. I told him it was fixed. He asked, "Which green lights are off on your modem?" I said, "None." He asked, "What message do you get when you try to pull up the internet?" I said, "The internet." He started to reiterate it was the computer and not AT&T when I said once again, "IT WORKS--I FIXED IT." He finally said, "Oh..thanks for calling AT&T."

Lesson learned for today: While spending two hours cleaning my daughters' rooms, I finally found the back to Mr. Potato Head. I attempted to attach it, but it would not attach. Finally found another back a few minutes later. This one attached properly. Knowledge gleaned: not all potato rumps are created equal. Hmm..this might have been funnier had I pictures...

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check out that homeschool link! Looks interesting!

    Did you get an email saying you were chosen for the lego kit? I did! WooHoo....one thing- do we actually have to do the contest? lol

    So sorry about your router/modem woes! I will also not talk about my really good experience with AT&T...I even got a free modem...wait did I say that out loud! lol

    I have never made chicken cordon bleu before....might have to give it a whirl!

    Go figure on Mr. Potato Head's rump being one of a kind! ;)

    ReplyDelete