Saturday, April 17, 2010

Friday Funnies --On Saturday, Or Is It Sunday?


I thought I would begin racapping some of the humor that is found in everyday life, and who better to laugh at than myself? ;-)


Saturday: My youngest dd asked such a great question in the car this evening. After becoming fascinated with bugs this week, even though all bugs are her 'friends', she asked, "Mom, do ladybugs have big butts?" I looked in my rearview mirror to see her closely examining the rearend of the gynormous plastic ladybug I had just purchased for a $1 at Target, and I couldn't help but begin laughing!



Last Saturday: As my hubby & I were headed home from the Midwest Homeschool Convention, we attempted once more to use the GPS I purchased last December. It took a while for it to find a signal due to the tall buildings in the city, but it finally latched on to something and started giving us directions. We followed obediently (unlike our children, who so frequently forget), but something just seemed off. It led us to a road down by the river and told us to drive eight miles, and then turn left. Ok, we can do that. Then, as traffic became thinner and a clear view of the river came into sight, it said, "Approaching _____ Road. Turn left. Board ferry." Board ferry?!! We turned, only to find no ferry in view, never mind the fact that we didn't plan on ever boarding a ferry on our drive home. Well, at the time it wasn't so funny because we had just wasted 20-30 minutes, but I rolled laughing the entire way home, once we turned around and found our way home! Who knew you actually have to manually check the box for ferries under the navigation menu in order to avoid taking them?

1 comment: