Thursday, April 8, 2010

Convention Excitement!

Perhaps more experienced homeschool moms don't get as excited by the thought of endless isles of books, papers, school supplies, and other materials, along with sitting through several different speakers who wish to offer tips and advice to make your homeschool journey a little easier. I, on the other hand, can't wait! This is my first big convention, and I'm anxious to listen, learn, and discuss with others who have the same central goal: to find the best way to educate children. (I may also be excited since I'm headed out of town with my hubby!)

I have printed the schedule of speakers, highlighted those I plan on hearing, and then mapped them out according to the floor plans given on the Duke Energy Convention Center website. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend until 11 a.m. tomorrow, so I'm going to miss the speakers from later this afternoon, as well as some of the first speakers tomorrow. I scheduled in 'free time' as well, so we can scour the halls in search of the perfect, or at least better, curriculum for 1st grade. I'm still investigating the classical education approach, just as most people followed in school before the 1940s-1950s, according to Susan Wise Bauer in her podcast from homeschool.com. So, we'll see where it leads. We all know books are a weakness of mine, so who knows what I might fall in love with while shopping! I'll let you know once I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment