Monday, March 1, 2010

Personalities

They always say (don't ask me who 'they' is referring to in this instance) that siblings often have completely different personalities, and I have noticed this more than ever lately! Today while doing art (coloring, cutting, and gluing an umbrella to a duck), my dd1 (from hence forth referred to as Lovely so as to avoid numbering my children), says, "Let me tell you something. First, ducks don't use umbrellas. And they like water--they swim." Ah, the practical child!

Now, just the other day, my dd2 (still debating on her name) was drawing a picture while Lovely completed her schoolwork. Then, she wrote letters and scribbles all over the page and started telling a story, all while I was in the other room. "The rat ate the cat because it was hungry. Awww, poor cat!" --and on and on she went. She makes up the longest stories and can play by herself for hours. Lovely, on the other hand, always wants someone to play with or talk to.

Today, Lovely also told me, "You're not lonely anymore."
"What?" I asked her.
"You're not lonely because you have children. You're not lonely when Daddy goes to work."

Not that I had ever told her I was lonely, but she sure is insightful in her long five years of life! Ahh, the differences. Relish the differences as they continue blossoming into their own individuals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment