Monday, March 1, 2010

Musings from the Five Year Old

I know I've posted a lot lately, but I have to get these things in print when I remember, or I'll forget and a precious memory will be lost forever! Besides...they're funny!

First, a few weeks ago, DD (now named Lovely for blogging purposes) was eating her burrito but she left the end of her second one on her plate as she began making the next one. My youngest DD asks if she can have it, so I said yes, and as she's picking it up, Lovely says, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."
"Why?" I ask, thinking she is just being selfish.
She casually answers, "Because part of it was up my nose."

The latest food for thought came from Lovely tonight at dinner. As she was eating her 6th piece of asparagus (she's an asparagus fiend), she told me she doesn't eat it all the way to the bottom.
"Why not?" I ask, not wanting her to waste perfectly good veggies.
"Because sometimes I clean between my piggy toes with my fingers." My eyes slowly wandered down to the piece of asparagus grasped by her fingers and I inform her she needs to remember to wash her hands in the future!

1 comment: