Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pickles

I forgot to include this in my last post.  This was the reaction when I asked Lovely to say "pickles" instead of "cheese."

On to other news...Today's schooling was a little more difficult, simpley because Lovely refused to repeat things correctly for me.  Classical education has a lot of verbal repetition, so it doesn't help when Little Miss purposely mis-pronounces things.  I've told her several times she needed to adjust her attitude, so today I overheard her telling her sister, "You need to adjust your attitude!" 

Math has been much better, though, I must say.  I had her using counting bears today, so I had to listen to each and every one describe who would or would not be the other's friends (did you know no one likes green bears?) as she made pairs.  She seems to be catching on faster with this, which is marvelous! 

I read some books for the summer reading program to both of them today, as well.  I found really cute picture books about a boy genius named Alistair--both the girls enjoyed them. 

After school, I went to the A Beka Materials Display for our area and purchased the worktexts I'll be using for Snugglebug and Lovely for phonics.  I bought Letters and Sounds for both girls, Writing with Phonics for Snugglebug, and Language 1 for Lovely.  I know I'm already doing Writing with Ease and 1st Language Lessons with Lovely, so I didn't want to overload her with Writing with Phonics, too.  (Not to mention--I'm out of TIME! with everything else we're doing)

Now, I'm going to see if I can squeeze in the CHEK Homeschool Convention this weekend as well...we shall see! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment