Saturday, February 27, 2010

Write Inspiration


Out of the blue the other night, a fellow homeschool mom suggested I create something like http://www.time4writing.com/, where students have assignments, submit them, and receive real-time feedback from a real writing instructor. Of course, this got my wheels turning! I would love to do something like that, but I'm having a problem figuring out just where to get started. This website offers eight-week classes for $99. I would have to create age-appropriate writing exercises, figure out how to get the word out, and then figure out all the business aspects. Don't get me wrong--I definitely want to do something like this and it has, in fact, been a goal of mine. I believe the Lord gave me a love of writing and learning for a reason, and I only want to serve him, so I will be in prayer about this. This will be extremely time consuming to get started, but I'm interested to know: how many people would like help with developing their children's writing skills? I have been an essay/literature/English tutor for almost two years, but I would love the chance to create my own assignments and truly invest myself in their work as they do the same. What do you think?
P.S. The title of this post is the title I was thinking of for writing courses
*Photo by _StaR_ DusT_

1 comment:

  1. If you get this off the ground and to the implement phase, let me know if I can help you with the website. I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete