Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A New Start

A fresh start!  A new beginning!  So, I decided to rearrange the learning posters I tore down this morning from frustration (it was a calm storm) when I declared I quit...lol  Yes, I can laugh about this now.  Tomorrow?  Who knows! 

I decided to pretty much scrap the phonics I had been working on (we may pick it up again later), and scrap the idea that children shouldn't play computer games to learn (a classical education idea).  Instead, I invested in ClickNKids, a phonics and spelling program.  I did a quick search for a promotional code and found one for 40% off!  Wooohooo!  Anyway, it's something Lovely should be able to handle by herself without me sitting next to her the entire time.  We did a practice lesson together, which she declared was, "Fun!"  However, it was stuff she already knew, and I've noticed if she knows something already, it's fun, but if it's new, she "just doesn't know how to learn it."  Anyway, thank you, you-know-who, for the wonderful suggestion of computerized learning--I'm up for anything right now! 

I'll let you know later how our first day of it goes tomorrow...Goodnight! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment