Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Still Chugging Away...

Now that the bumps have pretty much gone away, I'm finding a lot more energy than I had had previously.  So, on to updates about school (I don't mean to bore you, but it does help me keep track of how long I spend on different activities for the future).

Math--Lovely--almost finished with Ch. 3--she likes it much better, despite the not-so-great Ch. 2 test grade.  I've found making number games really inspires her mah skills!  Something as simple as driving cars down a path in order to earn marbles (money to use for the Treasure Chest) by answering questions correctly really gets her enthused.  For Snugglebug, I'm just having her count and color worksheets, and participate in the games.

Language Arts-- Lovely--About lesson 26 in grammar, lesson 13 in A Beka.  She is zooming through and has really gotten good and figuring out what things say.  She's in lesson 7 in spelling, and we're following the weeks in copywork.  Snugglebug--she's sounding out three letter words and has the vowel sounds memorized, along with some other letters.  I'm currently reading Mary Poppins to both of them. 

History/Science--we are reading about Mummies like crazy.  We began our mini-mummy experiment a couple days ago--can't wait to see how it turns out so I can document it! 
When the girls can, they get on the computer as much as possible.  I still need to get back into music with them both, but I've been trying to get everything organized for my upcoming Year of Chaos.  (Yes, I'm realling going to call it that...maybe it won't be as bad as I'm anticipating....LOLOLOLOL)

I know I'm missing something, but Snugglebug is currently fake playing the keyboard and singing a song from her head about three little chicks that were the meanest, and Lovely is doing a math review while using a special British accent to talk through her math problems thoroughly, and now I'm at a loss of thought...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment